The other day I watched a self promoting video from another self-proclaimed video marketing guru that claims rags to riches in about 24 months. The video goes on to claim thousands of free visitors with no need to pay for Google Adwords. The lure of free traffic beyond our wildest dreams is truly appealing. Let me state for the record, I’m a huge fan of Internet video marketing, but here are a few issues I see with marketing yourself and your company on the Internet using video:
- Not everyone wants to be an Internet video star or personality – Once you put yourself out there you’ve got to maintain your presence
- What happens if your Internet personality is an employee that leaves your company or goes to a competitor?
- Video alone may not drive the volume of traffic you need to sustain your business
- Not every company or small business has the time and resources to put it all together in a cost effective manner
- Internet video marketing may not be the best option for your specific business – are there benefits? Sure, but are they for every company? Maybe not
- Internet video marketing is not the end-all solution to getting traffic. It’s one of many tools you should have in Internet marketing tool bag
Before you throw your company into the arena of Internet video marketing be sure it’s the right solution for your company and you are willing to put the time and resources into making it successful. Look for my upcoming whitepaper on video marketing at: www.videomarketingwhitepaper.com