We’re excited to bring you the new YouTube homepage: an updated design with new features that start rolling out today across your desktop and tablet devices. You can expect to see a redesigned layout, higher resolution previews, an “add to queue” feature, and more – check out the full update on our blog and the summary below!
- More easily find the next great video to watch: this new look includes longer video titles, bigger thumbnails, and higher resolution previews, so you can see more information about each video at a glance. As part of the new design, you’ll notice a full page grid of suggested videos rather than rows of suggested videos by category. There will still be some horizontal sections for breaking news, music mixes and more.
- Recognize your favorite creators with channel icons: when browsing on Home, you’ll now see channel icons below each video, making it easier to recognize your favorite creators and the content you love. For creators – we hope this helps you get more visibility for your channel on the Homepage!
- Customize what to watch next with your queue: if you’re looking for a way to queue up the next video without interrupting what you’re currently watching, try out add to queue on desktop. You’ll see the queue button on every video thumbnail, or you can select “add to queue” from the three-dot menu (detailed instructions here). Note that your queue is temporary, so it won’t save after you’ve closed your browser. If you want to save videos to watch at a later time, you can still use the Watch Later playlist.
- Remove suggestions from channels you don’t want to watch: in fewer steps, you can tell YouTube to stop suggesting videos from a particular channel. Just tap the three-dot menu next to a video, then “Don’t recommend channel”. After that, you should no longer see video suggestions from that channel.
- Coming soon – select topics to refine your Homepage and Up Next videos: earlier this year, we added a new feature to the YouTube Android app that lets you select your favorite topics and customize your Home feed with related videos. We’ll be releasing it on desktop and tablets soon!